Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Separation Anxiety Part 2.....

Well, today was the first day back to school since the first separation anxiety episode. It started before we even left the house today but not too intense. He started saying that 'Rebecca' (not really her name) was a mean girl and said that she says mean things and that is why he does not want to go to school.

With a little bribing and convincing him to share his cool space book at school, we got in the car and the ride to school was fine. We got out of the car and he started to whine.....I ignored it. We get into the office for health check and he told the director about 'Rebecca' and he is getting more upset. The director went into the class to take care of the situation as I tried to get him into the class. He cried and did not want me to leave. 'Rebecca' came up and said she wanted to be Braeden's best friend today. He was OK with that but still not OK with me leaving. Long story short, he calmed down.....but I better have a smoothie in hand when I get there!

A phone call to the school 45 minutes later reassured me he was fine! I am sure he will be back on track soon.....just as soon as it is time to get out for Summer! UGH!!

post signature

No comments: