Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Things I am Thankful For...

I have been under the weather for the past couple of days and have been forced to rest. For those of you who know me well, know that 'rest' is not a regular word in my vocabulary! Well, with the help of my husband and my Mom, I have really been given no choice but to rest.

Brett came home from work to take Braeden to preschool so he didn't miss his Easter celebration while my Mom picked me up and took me to the doctor since I was not in any shape to drive. I ended up with and ear infection, 'a messed up throat, congestion, a fever, and strained ribs from coughing so much. My orders were to take this laundry list of stuff and 'rest.' I have known my doctor on a personal level since I was 17 so she stressed the whole 'rest' issue and even gave me an off work note for my tutoring job!

I am thankful for:

My husband who came home early to take Braeden to school.
My husband for doing my share of our 'nightly' routine with Braeden.
My husband for doing the laundry that I had started and was too sick to finish.

My Mom for taking me to the doctor when I was too weak to drive myself.
My Mom for picking Braeden up from preschool.
My Mom for making me lunch and cleaning my much needed kitchen!
My parents for taking Braeden over night so I could rest and sleep in this morning and keep Braeden healthy.

Joni for subbing my classes today and tomorrow so I can be healthy again and so the kids don't miss out!
My friends for calling or emailing me to check on me! You guys are awesome!

Thanks everyone and I hope to be better soon and be back in action!

post signature

No comments: