Wednesday, June 11, 2008

10 Years Ago Today....

As I was just commenting on a friends blog about her daughters High School graduation, I realized something.....it was 10 years ago today that I graduated from High School and that my Mom stopped cooking....but that is another post! :)

Although it was 10 years ago, I remember it so vividly. I remember being next to one of my closest buddies Edgar as we walked. I remember the awesome feeling of hearing my name over the loud speaker. I also remember laughing my ass off at the names that were being called. I went to High School in Rowland Heights....enough said! I recall Becky Owens making me cry and the song 'I Will Remember You' making me cry even more so.

Even though High School was an awesome time and many memories were made, I was so ready to be done. I had only 4 classes my senior year, worked part time and didn't play softball anymore because I was done. I enjoyed graduation fully but was so glad it was over and was ready to enter a new part of my life as a college student.

Now I am getting emails about our 10 year reunion coming later this year and I just cannot decide if I want to go..... The people that I love and care about I still keep in touch with. Do I really want to see everyone else? Does everyone else really want to see me? Probably not and I am good with that!

Anyway, time flies! I think it is fun to reminisce every now and then about the good ol' days! Some highlights about my High School years;

*I became best friends with someone who I never thought in a million years I would ever speak to. (Love ya B!)
*I had the same boyfriend for almost all of High School. Some may think this is not a good thing, but I did. To this day we are friends and I love him and his family dearly.
*Driving around in Roxanne's Beretta! I just LMAO thinking about that. We were so cool that we had the windows down at night driving around town but the heater on too because it was frickin' cold.
*Friday night games and In-N-Out after.
*Playing softball and arguing with my coach everyday.
*Getting my first car, a Toyota Celica that I hated and my Mom MADE me get.
*All the parties and TPing at Sunny Rae's.
*Drinking Zima's with Nicole, Edgar and Robbie.
*Mr. Phillips psychology class.
*OK, I could go on forever. Those were good times and I feel blessed to have those memories in my mind and in my heart.

Over it now! :)

post signature

3 comments:

Sunny said...

Aaah, I love reading your Blog, its so refreshing! Was that cheesy or what? Anyways, now to my point...Im glad I was a little part in your good memories in high school. Im really glad we met up on Myspace and now talk back and fourth pretty much everday, even though we never talk on the phone, its nice to keep in contact. :)

Anonymous said...

Glad I could inspire your trip down memory lane. Your 10 years reunion is like going back to high school. The cliques are still the same and not to many people have changed. At least that was the case with mine. Go back when it's 20 years

Mia said...

High school seems like forever ago - not just 10 years ago. My reunion is at a tequila bar, so not going.