Monday, June 9, 2008

It has been about a year now (or close to it) that I stopped talking to a 'friend.' I use the word loosely because after 7 years of friendship and having her in my wedding, our friendship was over just like that. When I say, 'just like that' there is no exaggeration. This person was like a sister to me and because of her insecurities and issues we are no longer friends.

I can honestly say that I am over it and I feel that losing her as a friend was a blessing in disguise.....as harsh or rude as it sounds, that is the way I feel. She was an angry, selfish person. So what's my problem?? Well, the problem is that her husband was one of my husband's best friends and they have been friends for over 13 years. The 2 of them no longer speak and not because I do not want my husband talking to him, but because his wife is such an angry person that she cannot handle him speaking to someone that she has ill feeling towards.

My husband has expressed to me time and time again that he is over it and feels that this all happened for a reason but I still can't help but feel bad for him, because anyone who knows me, knows how much my friends mean to me.

There was no real 'reason' for this post, but to vent, as it was on my mind tonight.

post signature

4 comments:

Bianca said...

Friendship is a two way street and unfortunately, these two were wrong way on a one way…..

Kitty said...

Your last blog made me write one too...go to it when you have time. Miss you!!!

Cherish said...

Bianca- You couldn't be more correct.

Kitty- Through this mess, I am thankful to have you in my life!

Anonymous said...

I know it's always hard to let friends go but sometimes you really just have to say good-bye. A few months ago I had to walk away from someone who I thought was one of my best friends and even though I still wonder about her I know it needed to be done. It's hard when the huubies are close though.